Carrier liability Insurance provides very limited coverage of a shipper’s freight, and anything from natural disasters to vehicle accidents or even acts of war could damage your cargo/freight. The standard carrier liability insurance coverage is $2 per pound of freight.
LCS offers different types of cargo insurance policies for transporting goods by land, sea, or air to protect shippers’ goods from loss, damage, or theft while in transit.
Things you need to know about cargo insurance:
- You are not limited to the restrictions of a carrier’s contract of carriage.
- You will protect your cash flow.
- You will have peace of mind that every shipment you have is Fully insured.
- You are insured for the full value of goods.
- Coverage is placed on the right conditions, with terms that you have negotiated.
- Local and professional claims service means prompt and efficient claims handling.
To learn more about cargo insurance or to get a cargo insurance quote please contact us at 888-809-8888